Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Watering can chime

I finally finished it!


Between a full time job, a 3 year old, and a zoo to take care of, it took me 4 days to do this.


Should have taken less, but considering everything else on my plate, I would say I'm pretty much a freakin' rock star.

So....the supplies:
Old watering can (picked up from Thrift Town)
30 lb fishing line
Metal file
Drill
3/32 drill bit
Needle nose pliers
3 forks
1 spoon
1 slotted spoon
1 teaspoon
Rustoleum 2x coverage spray paint - sunny yellow
Rustoleum clear coat spray paint


I used a hammer to flatten the regular spoon, it looks cool and has a much nicer chime sound when it's flattened.

I was so excited to finally finish it that I forgot to add beads. My lazy self says leave it, but my crafty self says re-do it. I'll probably end up taking it apart and re-doing. Thinking about using key lime colored beads....




No comments:

Post a Comment